compiling freeamp

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.eu.org
Sun Jun 18 10:34:46 EDT 2000

I usually extract the url from the pls file by hand but I bet
sed or grep could do it just as well, either write a script to spit the url
to standard output and jam that on the mpg123 command line or
upgrade your c-libraries to allow freeamp to compile.
I'm usually the last to upgrade still running 2.0.xx kernel but threads are
a rather integral thing to have in your os these days, and even Debian 2.1
(slink yes I'm still running stable 1.5 years later) has them.
I bought a burner and backed up my data and hosed a system or two, but I got
slackware to upgrade many moons ago, it is icky :-)
It's probably too late to consider Debian (my favourite) or Redhat (can't get
used to the bizare default config files but you get that) but I hope you
solve your freeamp woes or find another solution.
that's the thing about standards there's so many to choose from.

Regards, Kerry.