speakup and xwindows

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Wed Jun 14 13:36:22 EDT 2000

I am sure that there won't be any problem with this arrangement. The
Xwindow system uses a different display method then does the
console. Though I am not a programmer, unless the port was taken over for
some reason, then another program should be able to send data out the same
port to the synth. Alternatively, if there were an API exposed for it, the
speech could be routed through speakup. I don't know why someone would go
that route unless it was to make use of the software synth. Even at that,
there might be better ways of accomplishing the task.

--
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Seek simplicity -- and distrust it.