compiling freeamp

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Thu Jun 8 15:49:09 EDT 2000

Hi Kirk -

I have obtained the freeamp 2.1.beta4 source package and have run into a
problem compiling it. I wonder if you or someone on the list might have a
suggestion. The "./configure" step scolds me for not having freetype or
gtk, but then kills me for not having "pthread". It says "-lpthread must
work" and will not continue.

I am using gcc version 2.7.2.3 with my Slackware 4.0 distribution here,
and have compiled lots of other stuff with it successfully, including the
version 2.2.15 kernel. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Chuck.

My web site is http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
If life is a stage, I want some better lighting.