vfs?

Jim Wantz jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Thu Jun 1 09:53:28 EDT 2000

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, David Poehlman wrote:

> I got a message from someone who is trying to load zipspeak and gets a
Hi David,
It might have been from me.  I was trying to run zipspeak on a machine at
work where I really didn't want to fool around with disk partitioning.
Actually, zipspeak told me the correct partition just prior to the kernel
panic message, but I didn't realize it.  The write one in this instance
was /dev/sda1.  When I realized what it was telling me and put in
root=/dev/sda1, it worked fine.

Incidentally, I am running Redhat 6.2 on a machine at home and I am
planning to run Redhat 6.2 on another machine at work whenever they
purchase some additional hardware.  Zipspeak ought to be fun as well!

    Jim Wantz WB0TFK

kernel pannic no matter what he chooses to point to his screen tells him