using /dev/nvram to alter cmos settings

brent harding bharding at greenbaynet.com
Tue Jul 4 00:37:46 EDT 2000

Hold numpad insert down and it resets the bios, you probably can disconnect
the battery on the mother board just like attackers do when they reset your
passwords on the bios, don't know about this though. I want to extend the
time my laptop waits to enter standby, or make it as long as there's serial
port activity, it won't standby. Whatever I switch in windows seems to have
no effect on what the machine actually does.