Speakup V0.09 & new kernel 2.2.16...no talkie

Jacob Schmude jacobs at ncinter.net
Sat Jul 1 19:41:46 EDT 2000

Hi
	That depends. If you're on a dedicated partition and use lilo, put
the following in the configuration file after the read-only line for the
kernel:
	append="speakup_ser=1"
	Now, rerun /sbin/lilo. Note: you can put it anywhere after the
image=/vmlinuz line. In slackware and debian, the kernel is /vmlinuz. In
redhat, it's /boot/vmlinuz. Here's what a section of my lilo.conf looks
like (with my kernel params replaced with yours):
image=/vmlinuz
	root=/dev/hda4
	read-only
	append="speakup_ser=1"
	Don't forget to rerun lilo to update the boot sector. Or, just
type:
linux speakup_ser=1
to boot linux at the boot: prompt if you don't want to edit lilo.conf.
	If you're using zipspeak or zipslack, add it to the loadlin line
that loads your kernel in linux.bat.