Speakup V0.09 & new kernel 2.2.16...no talkie

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Sat Jul 1 14:36:14 EDT 2000

Hey y'all,

Well, because somehow I managed to screw up my previous kernel source tree
(patching to 2.2.16 and then Speakup, it didn't go very well, but it's
probably because I forgot I did something--or forgot to do something), I
downloaded a new complete 2.2.16 tarball, untarred it, patched in Speakup
V0.09A (Yes, I used the correct patch file), configured it--I lost my
original old .config, so I started it over--installed it--rebooted--and no
speech.

I have the Accent SA on /dev/ttyS1 and wonder if it's not detecting there
for some reason? I have a modem (external, switched on) on /dev/ttyS0...I
haven't tried booting with the modem switched off. I think I shall try
this. In any case, how do you force Speakup to use a particular serial
port--I don't exactly recall.

Thanks.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV        | And if the ground yawned,
Email: davros at ycardz.com     | I'd step to the side and say,