problems with new zipspeak: old one still abailable?

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at worldfront.com
Sat Jul 1 14:03:39 EDT 2000

1.  Unless I keep hitting the alt key throughout boot, my speech cuts out
before the end of boot never to return.  The system does finish booting,
however.  I am using doubletalk-lt.  I have tried fourmeg.zip with no
change.
2.  I get "init module busy" and randomseed is used instead.  I have
checked my irq: no problem that I can find.
3.  I'll have to add fetchmail to this (if I get it working properly).  I
suppose it isn't a huge deal except that I'm already going to add emacs
and emacspeak.  Seems like a lot of work for something I'm just using till
I get a larger hard drive and install as full distribution.
4.  Is the old zipspeak and ltlk still abailable somewhere?  I erased mine
to download the new ones.  I'm thinking I would go back to the 7.0 version
for now if we can't find answers to these problems quickly.  I already
looked at the slackware site under slackware 7.0; zipspeak 7.0 isn't
there.  I understand the space constraints, but I must say I'm really
upset about leaving out fetchmail.--Cheryl