a ton of questions

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Sun Dec 31 14:41:25 EST 2000

Kirk,

I did the following. I ran fdisk with /dev/hda, which is my boot drive, and
got what you said I should get. Then, I loaded a zipdisk into hdb, and ran
fdisk on it with the same result. Then I loaded a CD into hdc which is my
cd-rom drive, and got the same thing with the message that I couldn't
rewrite partitions on this drive which is what I was expecting. Then I
loaded a CD into hdd, my cd-writer, and got the same messages as with hdc.
This only leaves hde, which linux isn't seeing. I ran fdisk /dev/hde, and it
said it couldn't open the drive which I was expecting.