[rwehrli at azpower.com: Re: introlet]

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Sun Dec 24 02:07:34 EST 2000

Folks,

Here's a note from the project leader of Mylinux. It's a nice
development. Anyone wanna join me over there to throw ideas at him? :)

----- Forwarded message from Rob Wehrli <rwehrli at azpower.com> -----

To: "Buddy Brannan" <davros at ycardz.com>

Buddy,

The key to input for the blind using this device is to determine what method
of input would be preferred!  Simply ask yourself, how would I want to give
this device input.  Then, rather than asking whether or not the device
supports it, we can easily find an implementation or produce an
implementation to tackle the job.  I'm starting to believe that this should
be a pet project of mine, too, and will continue to support this/these goals
as much as is possible from my position as Project Director.  Give me what
you want to do with the device as I am in the unique position to ensure that
we get your needs met! ..but, hurry! ...if you want it in anytime soon.

I'll take a look at the chip set you mention, however, chips cost more
money.  We should really start talking about how we can do it in software,
since with our team of contributing developers, we simply pay for it once
and everyone benefits for the life of this product and all the others we
produce.  We can populate a limited number of boards with a DSP version of
the processor, however, it isn't currently something we're planning for the
first set of boards.  I may be able to get some support from other blind
people for convincing our sponsors that this is now a humanitarian effort
(and additional funding!) to build a few units designed for the blind...if
you can give me some decent feedback about how you would like to input the
device.  We can add the sound components necessary on one or two boards the
"manual" way, however, we're really thinking that it won't be until the next
board spin that we do it for all of the boards.

Take Care.

Rob!