doubletalks

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Mon Dec 11 15:19:38 EST 2000

I agree with Jacob's comments on the Doubletalk PC vs. the LT. Until a
month or two ago I used a Dubletalk PC and have been using the LT since
then. I do not notice many if any pronunciation differences, but the
bleeding through of synth commands occasionally happens , even with the
latest CVS revisions. The LT is not exactly sluggish, but it does
sometimes seem reluctant to be interrupted once it gets to talking! I went
with the LT on my new system because it has only one ISA slot and I wanted
to keep my options open. I have no regrests whatever. I also went with an
external modem instead of a built in one. Modems do sometimes get zapped
from phone line surges, and if that happens to me I want it to happen
outside my box at the other end of a serial cable! Also using the LT and
the modem as external devices lets me move them to another machine more
easily than if they were expansion cards.

Chuck

My web site is http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
The reverse side also has a reverse side.
		-- Japanese proverb