doubletalks

Jacob Schmude jacobs at ncinter.net
Mon Dec 11 15:00:40 EST 2000

HI
     Both the PC and LT/LiteTalk work equally well with speakup. However,
the PC will be slightly more responsive than the LT because it's an
internal card. It's not really a noticable difference, though with the LT
for some reason, synth control commands seem to occasionally sneak through
and be spoken. So you'll hear things like "50p" sometimes. Don't know if
this is still true with the CVS code, haven't had a chance to try it with
the LT. My system has a Doubletalk PC. However, with the rapid
disappearance of ISA slots, you may not be able to use the PC, so the LT
may be the only choice before long. I've also noticed a few pronunciation
differences between the two, the PC seems to pronounce things a bit better
at times, though this may be due to ROM version differences between the PC
and LT I've used.