Speakup Sans Synth?

Terry D. Cudney terry at wasagacottage.com
Sun Dec 10 07:54:52 EST 2000

Hi Janina,

	This sounds very interesting, especially for a laptop/portable w/ builtin sound support. Care to share with us what was involved in getting it running with alsa?

You wrote:

-=> Hmmm, what would it take to wire up ViaVoice TTS? Believe it or not, I
-=> have ViaVoice working under ALSA, though I understand it's not supposed
-=> to. At least the kernel I'm now running has no OSS compiled in though
-=> there are some OSS modules in /lib/modules/2.2.17.
-=>
-=>