multi-purpose message

Bruce Noblick bnoblick at columbus.rr.com
Fri Dec 8 07:05:03 EST 2000

Thanks to all who have responded with answers, questions etc.

This is a tower model.  I got a NIC card with it but still have the modem
since I need it to dial in to work but probably won't use it for Linux
unless the NIC card can't be gotten to work.  I use a sound blaster live
sound card because that is the one they sold with multi-channel sound.
I would have preferred to build my own machine for Linux and that still
might not be a bad idea but I don't know where to begin to get the
components.

I think for now I will persue a dual track and see which approach I can get
to work first.  There is something very appealing about having a dedicated
machine for Linux and it shouldn't be that expensive.

Thanks again to all who have responded to this message.

Enjoy!
Bruce