OT: fetchmail problem

Jacob Schmude jacobs at ncinter.net
Wed Dec 6 14:28:07 EST 2000

Hi all
     This is slightly off topic, but maybe someone on here can answer it.
This one's got me stumped.
     Fetchmail will not deliver any mail from my ISP to my local system. I
type fetchmail, and I'm connected to the server. I get the message reading
message 1 of 10 (or how many I've got) and then the number of octets in
the header. Then, though, fetchmail appears frozen. It reads no more, it
just sits there, and ctrl-c is the only thing that terminates it. I'm
thinking it's got something to do with sendmail, which is the SMTP agent
that is provided with slackware. I'm still able to read mail by having
pine read it from my ISP's IMAP server, but it's a bit slow that way.
Any ideas? I've gone through the sendmail reconfiguration and still no
good.