Problem withDec Express.

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Sat Dec 2 20:32:47 EST 2000

Hello, list. I will start by saying I am vary new to this list, and am not
aware if this question has been asked before.Anywhere here it is.
Recently I decided to switch from Slackware 7 to Redhat 7.0.
I have downloaded the decextb.bin file from the speakup ftp site, and my
Dec Express is on /dev/ttyS0.
However, when I put in the Redhat 7 boot disk it comes to a prompt which I
type the text command and it comes up into the installation without speech.
I am wondering what is wrong, or what I can do?
I know the express is working fine because it just worked under Slackware 7,
but when I try the Redhat 7 install I get no speech at all.Please help.
Thanks.