Piping arecord into lame

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Tue Aug 22 20:18:45 EDT 2000

Well I give up!

I have spent the day reading about subshells and trapping the kill signal,
and experimenting with same, and have not been able to successfully
interrupt only the "arecord" process leaving "lame" to finish processing
data sent to it through a pipe.

This is really not a proper thread for this list, but if anyone has been
able to do that, I would appreciate knowing how. Meanwhile I will just
contine to arecord to a file and then as a second and subsequent task I
will process that file with "lame".  Every variation of piping I have
tried always loses the last few seconds of data.

Off it goes to the back burner!

Chuck.

My web site is http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
Winter will ask us what we did all summer.