piping arecord into lame

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Tue Aug 22 06:29:33 EDT 2000

Perhaps it is more of a problem on this relatively slow system, where lame
takes longer to handle its input than it might on a faster system. This is
a 133 MHz 5x86 with only 16MB memory, and while it does a lot of things
pretty well, it takes its sweet time about it! <g>
Chuck.

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Geoff Shang wrote:

> Hi Chuck:
>
> urrr.  I don't.  Never thought about that one.  hmmm.  yeah and I've seen
> some programs get annoyed about files made this way.  It's interesting that
> aplay will play files recorded by arecord when it's terminated by
> control-C, but the vocoder program I use for example doesn't like them.
>
> I don't know what to do there.  You might do better with say record in the
> sox package, but I don't know for sure.  Anyone else with ideas?  Oh I
> guess you could kill the arecord process from another console, but I
> haven't tried that.
>
> Geoff.

My web site is http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
Winter will ask us what we did all summer.