piping arecord into lame

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.eu.org
Tue Aug 22 00:14:55 EDT 2000

There is a way, use parenthesis to start each process in a subshell, so arecord
runs in one shell, lame in another. Make sure the shell that runs lame has
the sigint signal trapped out so lame doesn't receive it. something like this
(untested untried might not work) might work;
(arecord -M)|(trap 0 1;lame options) might do it. You don't want the sigint
going to lame only to arecord.

Somebody on this list might be better at bash than I am and can work something.

Regards, Kerry.