piping arecord into lame

Geoff Shang gshang10 at scu.edu.au
Mon Aug 21 23:55:36 EDT 2000

Hi Chuck:

urrr.  I don't.  Never thought about that one.  hmmm.  yeah and I've seen
some programs get annoyed about files made this way.  It's interesting that
aplay will play files recorded by arecord when it's terminated by
control-C, but the vocoder program I use for example doesn't like them.

I don't know what to do there.  You might do better with say record in the
sox package, but I don't know for sure.  Anyone else with ideas?  Oh I
guess you could kill the arecord process from another console, but I
haven't tried that.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang10 at scu.edu.au>