talking lilo prompt?

Geoff Shang gshang10 at scu.edu.au
Tue Aug 15 23:34:09 EDT 2000

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Brent Harding wrote:

> Why then, does my double talk pc work without isapnp? I thought isapnp was
> needed for all isa cards, or does speakup get it even though the OS doesn't
> really know about it, like windows screen readers, never show the
> synthesizer in device manager.

The doubletalk card doesn't use an IRQ.  This is why it doesn't show up in
device manager.  It's also therefore not a plug and play device, so you
don't need isapnptools.  In fact, if you did have a plug and play speech
card then speakup as it currently is would have problems.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang10 at scu.edu.au>
ICQ number 43634701