problem mounting cdrom on a debian system

Chris Nestrud ccn at uark.edu
Wed Aug 9 19:20:58 EDT 2000

Greetings list. To continue the many off-topic questions, I'm having a
problem mounting my cdrom. I've set it to emulate a scsi device, so
cdrecord will work, and cdrecord does indeed work and successfully burn
cd's. However, when I try to mount, here's what I get.
pfui:/# mount cdrom
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
       or too many mounted file systems

I get the following from the kernel.
Aug  9 18:15:09 pfui kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 64
Aug  9 18:15:09 pfui kernel: isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=16:40, iso_blknum=16, block=32

And here's what the line in /etc/fstab is.
pfui:/# grep cdrom /etc/fstab
/dev/cdrom	/cdrom		iso9660	defaults,ro,user,noauto		0	0

I'm running kernel 2.2.16, and this same kernel with the same configs
worked fine when I was using redhat. I'm using mount version 2.10f, which
is the same version that I was using befor.

Any ideas?

Chris