temporary online storage

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Wed Aug 9 12:55:43 EDT 2000

Hi gang -

This is off topic, but let me try anyway! :-)

Does anyone know of a way I can share online space with another person so
that we can transfer files by FTP? I would like it to be password
protected (not public) and may need in the neighborhood of 50MB - worst
case. I was referred to two possibilities, www.idrive.com and
www.xdrive.com, but both of those sites require me to be using either
Internet Explorer or Netscape in a graphical environment, which I am not
willing to do. Checking with my ISP (a really smalltown operation) there
is no way I can extend access to my own storage space there without giving
the other person total access to my account - email and everything - and
then there is the possibility of simultaneous accessing. What I hope is
that there might be a service similar to the two I have mentioned, but one
which does not impose restrictions on the type of access packages that are
allowed.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. And now we return you to the
previously scheduled program already in progress!

Chuck.

My web site is http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
"One planet is all you get."