Lilo, and remote rebooting a system that boots windows by default back to linux

Brent Harding bharding at mail.ufw2.com
Tue Aug 8 14:41:16 EDT 2000

Actually, in debian, I turned the no_ppp_on_boot to ppp_on_boot, so for now
it does it, but it won't dial if the connection ever terminates without me
stopping it. It seems that persist doesn't do what it should, it should
dial immediately after disconnect, or at least close after, it seems not to
do it, as I've been away for an hour or two from the machine, left it in
linux, and it wasn't online when I returned, persist would've put it back
online. I think, though, that diald thing is a waste, don't want to make a
new call every time I do something internet related. Setting the ip address
was another issue, I think I had to put a colon or period after it
otherwise it said my ip was a nonvalid option, although the system on my
isp's end would probably give me the right address, figured it was faster
to just specify it.