Lilo, and remote rebooting a system that boots windows by default back to linux

Brent Harding bharding at mail.ufw2.com
Tue Aug 8 14:37:49 EDT 2000

I have static ip, but I use debian. Can lilo receive a call from a remote
location? I know if it's not used for awhile, the connection goes down,
thus the ip address becomes unreachable. I used dhs.org to make a hostname
out of it, easier to type that in. I probably will keep the same ip, even
if eventually I get dsl, but it probably won't be possible at such a time
to get lots, for extra machines. Right now, if I dial in both machines,
they're assigned the same ip, as that's associated with my username, and I
only have one modem, (would I really want to deal with setting up phone
systems to distinguish my computer call-in or everyone else's voice calls
to be passed to the answering machine, probably not).