Lilo, and remote rebooting a system that boots windows by default back to linux

Brent Harding bharding at mail.ufw2.com
Mon Aug 7 14:11:22 EDT 2000

				How do I make it, so if I connect to my system from somewhere else,
(probably will some day when I get dsl to use it to connect to the
Internet) How can I reboot the system such that it won't reboot to windows,
and reboot to linux instead. Is there a reboot command that will tell lilo
what to boot next time the system reboots? I have no tool in windows to
connect to my system, (that's for NT and costs lots) so telneting in to a
windows system isn't feasible. I have debian 2.2 on the system, on one
large partition, as I figured with 256 megs of ram swap wasn't needed,
although one could make a swap file if needed. I have lilo on the mbr, and
it boots windows immediately if I don't hold shift while it's booting
(everyone else in my family uses windows, and don't know about how lilo
works). Is the password keyword the best to use for this, so I could dial
in and enter a password so I'm the only one who can control what the system
boots to?