Family

A. R. M. ali@cafe.sdc.uwo.ca
Tue Sep 9 19:11:15 EDT 2003

(I wonder if this conversation happened in Alabama)

Two men met at a bus stop and struck up a conversation. One of them kept
complaining of family problems. Finally, the other man said: "You think
you have family problems?

Listen to my situation. A few years ago I met a young widow with a
grown-up daughter. We got married and got myself a stepdaughter. Later,
my father married my stepdaughter. That made my stepdaughter, my
stepmother. And my father became my stepson. Also, my wife became
mother-in-law of her father-in-law.

Much later the daughter of my wife, my stepmother, had a son. This boy
was my half-brother because he was my father's son. But he was also the
son of my wife's daughter which made him my wife's grand-son. That made
me the grand-father of my half-brother.

This was nothing until my wife and I had a son. Now the half-sister of
my son, my stepmother, is also the Grandmother. This makes my father,
the brother-in-law of my child, whose stepsister is my father's wife, I
am my stepmother's brother-in-law, my wife is her own child's aunt, my
son is my father's nephew, and I am MY OWN GRANDFATHER!

And you think you have FAMILY PROBLEMS???"