Why did the chicken cross the road?

A. R. M. ali at cafe.sdc.uwo.ca
Thu Jun 12 22:32:37 EDT 2003

I really liked these version of an old joke.  What do you think?
 Why did the chicken cross the road?

 SAEED AL SAHAF - Iraqi Information Minister
 The chicken did not cross the road. This is a complete fabrication. We do
 not even have a chicken.

 GEORGE W BUSH
 We don't care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the
 chicken is on our side of the road or not. The chicken is either for us or
 against us. There is no middle ground.

 COLIN POWELL
 Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of
 the chicken crossing the road.

 TONY BLAIR
 I agree with George.

 HANS BLIX
 We have reason to believe there is a chicken, but we have not yet been
 allowed to have access to the other side of the road.

 DR SEUSS
 Did the chicken cross the road?
 Did he cross it with a toad?
 Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.

 MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR
 I envision a world where all chickens will be free to cross roads without
 having their motives called into question.

 GRANDPA
 In my day, we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told
 us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

 SIGMUND FREUD
 The fact that you are at all concerned that the chicken crossed the road
 reveals your underlying sexual insecurity.

 BILL GATES
 eChicken2003 will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your
 important documents, and balance your checkbook - and Internet Explorer is
 an integral part of eChicken2003.

 ALBERT EINSTEIN
 Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the
 chicken?

 BILL CLINTON
 I did not have sex with that chicken!

 THE BIBLE
 And God came down from heaven, and he said unto the chicken THOU SHALT
 CROSS THE ROAD. And the chicken didst cross the road, and there was rejoicing.

 COLONEL SANDERS
 Did I miss one?