European Humour? :-)

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Fri Jan 4 14:56:24 EST 2002

Germany
Q: Why is television called a medium?
A: Because it is neither rare nor well-done

Belgium
Well, you see, there are basically 3 kinds of people in the world.
Those who can count and those who can't.

Canada
Q: What do you call a woman who can balance 4 pints of beer on her
head?
A: Beatrix

Finland
A new teacher was trying to make use of her psychology courses. She
started her class by saying, "Everyone who thinks they're stupid,
stand up!" After a few seconds, Little Johnny stood up. The teacher
said, "Do you think you're stupid, Little Johnny?"  Little Johnny
replied, "No, Ma'am, but I hate to see you standing there all by
yourself,".

Norway
As a funeral train passes by a golf course a golfer on one of the
greens stops, and stands to attention with hat held over his heart as
the hearse goes by. Then he goes back to lining up his putt. His
playing partner remarks that that was the nicest gesture he'd ever
seen. The first golfer sunk his putt and said, "Well, she was a good
wife for 16 years,".

Sweden
A guy phones the local hospital and yells, "You've gotta send help! My
wife's in labour!" The nurse says, "Calm down. Is this her first
child?" The bloke replies, "No! This is her husband!"

France (lawyer joke - why am I not surprised... :-)
"You're a high priced lawyer! If I give you £500 will you answer two
questions for me?"
"Absolutely! What's the second question?"

Finally, the funniest (of course)

England
Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson go camping, and pitch their tent under
the stars.
During the night, Holmes wakes his companion and says, "Watson, look
up at the stars and tell me what you deduce,".
Watson says," Well, I see millions of stars, and from that I deduce
that there must be billions of planets, and then I deduce that there
are quite probably some planets like Earth, and so there might also be
other forms of life.  Why, Holmes, what do you deduce?"
And Holmes replies, "Some bugger's nicked the tent,".