Today's Funny

A. R. M. ali at cafe.sdc.uwo.ca
Thu Dec 12 20:38:58 EST 2002

Little Melissa comes home from first grade and tells her father
that they learned about the history of Christmas.

"Since Christmas is a Christian holiday and we're Jewish," she
asks, "will God get mad at me for giving someone a Christmas
card?"

Melissa's father thinks a bit, then says "No, I don't think God
would get mad. Who do you want to give a Christmas card to?"

"Osama Bin Laden," she says.

"Why Osama Bin Laden," her father asks in shock.

"Well," she says, "I thought that if a little American Jewish girl
could have enough love to give Osama a Christmas card, he might
start to think that maybe we're not all bad, and maybe start
loving people a little bit. And if other kids saw what I did and
sent Christmas cards to Osama, he'd love everyone a lot. And then
he'd start going all over the place to tell everyone how much he
loved them and how he didn't hate anyone anymore."

Her father's heart swells as looks at his daughter with newfound
pride.

"Melissa, that's the most wonderful thing I've ever heard."

"I know," Melissa says, "and once that gets him out in the open,
the Marines could blow the snot out of him!"