espeakup alsa errors

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Jun 29 13:55:01 EDT 2016

Hi,

Kristoffer Gustafsson writes:
> Hi.
> I found out this today when looking at things.
> there was a card called intel hdmi. then I understood it.
> do you think that I can disable this in bios?

Maybe.

> Also, has any of you figured out how to change card to your usb headset?
> I would like to use that.

Here's what I do. I create the file /etc/modprobe.d/local.conf .

Here's some of the contents of that file:

<begin code>
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-hda-intel index=0
alias snd-card-4 snd-usb-audio
options snd-card-4 index=4
options snd-usb-audio index=4
alias snd-card-6 snd-pcsp
options snd-card-6 index=6
options snd-pcsp index=6
alias snd-card-8 snd-hdsp
options snd-card-8 index=8
options snd-hdsp index=8
alias snd-card-9 snd-ice1724
options snd-card-9 index=9
options snd-ice1724 index=9
<end code>

Some comments ...

Why such numbers? Because once upon a time the numbering made sense, and
I have scripts that rely on those values.

The 4-6 lines that talk about usb would be you headset. You can't get
more specific without using udev.

After booting I do:

aplay -l |grep card

Sometimes the cards do not come up as expected. If that's the case, I
immediately reboot until they do come up correctly.

hth

Janina