Hello

KatolaZ katolaz at freaknet.org
Tue Jun 7 17:09:41 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 03:41:11PM -0500, John G Heim wrote:
> Well, the login info is on there alright but it's pretty well hidden. Once I
> was able to log in as root, I was able to get speakup working with software
> speech. No luck with my Tripletalk hardware synth though.  We had a thread

Sorry for that. Regular user is devuan/devuan. Administrator is
root/toor. In the next release I am working on, the accessible
runlevel already has autologin (root on tty1 and devuan on the other 5
ttys).

> about serial port hardware synths just a few months ago. IIRC, you had to
> put something in grub. I never got that to work and it doesn't apply here
> anyway. But I see there is a /dev/ttyS0 and I believe the most recent
> speakup patches require you to keep the kernel from creating a /dev/ttyS0
> before they can load a speakup hardware synt driver module.

Here I really need your help guys. We don't have grub in the Devuan
minimal live, but I am sure we can find a workaround. But please point
me to the stuff I need to study :)

HND

KatolaZ