Dumb post to the Stargardts Facebook group

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Tue Apr 9 19:19:36 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 07:08:39AM -0700, Tony Baechler wrote:
> I always proofread everything before I post, so hopefully my posts
> are reasonably free of errors.  Most people don't.  It's amazing how
> many mistakes you can catch with 30 seconds of proofreading.

I think a part of this for blind and sighted alike is laziness. I know
a few people who are just content to type what they have to say, and
just hit send, because they don't feel like reading through what they
wrote. These are people who are sighted and blind. I'm not assuming
here either. When I mentioned this to them, this is what they told me,
they don't feel like reading through casual writing. Unfortunately,
I've looked through their professional writing too, and they are
invariably surprised by the amount of errors I point out
to them in such
pieces of writing.

On another note, I noticed a number of blind people, including
yourself putting two spaces in between every sentence. I put in just
one, because this is how I learned it in braille, and it just
stuck. Is there some sort of significance to the two spaces thing, or
is it just personal preference?

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net