Screen help

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Mon Apr 1 02:23:15 EDT 2013

As far as I know you don't set screen as a login shell no idea what
happens if you try that.

hitting control d an extra time never bothred me, one to exit screen and
one to exit the login shell.

It's a small price for tty multiplexing.

control a DD is 3 keystrokes so that takes a few milliseconds longer I
guess.

Nethack just changes the default messages so they resemble the game of
nethack for example
You can not escape from window 0
Be careful! new screen tonight...

I find the screen -d -R setup works well for me it gives me a new screen
if none exists and reattaches to a screen if one exists.

Regards, Kerry.