ot, wrn.org

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Oct 29 04:58:57 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Either solona.net or WebVisum should get around this problem.  I admit
that I got nowhere with solona.net, but it is supposed to work on
Linux.  I'm set up with WebVisum though, so I'll give that a try.  I'll
register just to see what happens, but I doubt that ftp is allowed for
"consumers."  I also tried ftp to wrn.org and had the same results.  I
think that if you could somehow be a corporate customer, ftp would
work.  The reason why I think it's no longer available for consumers is
because anonymous ftp no longer works and they are offering podcasts.
I'm fairly sure that most podcast clients don't support ftp except one
for Linux, just as they don't support https.  I'll send invites for
WebVisum if that will help.  I don't know if it works in Linux or not,
but it should since it is a standard Firefox 3.5 .xpi extension.