PodRacer

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Wed Oct 28 21:51:51 EDT 2009

Hi Karen:  As I remember, PodRacer was written by Lorenzo, who may still be on
this list.  If Ken were to install a pod catcher on Shellworld, you would still
want to download the items every so many days.  Some alternatives to going that
root, would be exploring odeo dot com  where you can search for
podcasts-and-individually download them.  Some years ago before a redesign, my
yahoo was a great place for this, but as usual, they ruined it.  Another place
where I had good luck was
www.miroguide.com
However, since April the direct download links for the audio or video are
displaying a jpeg instead.  I have written them, but they seem confused about
what changed.
Some sites include direct downloads for podcasts, such as ABC-News, CNN, and
CBS-News, but many such as Washington Post want you to use an rss reader.
Since I have no idea about pod catchers in DOS, I cannot say, but managing the
subscriptions locally may be better.
Hope that provides some insite
Hart