retreaving pts device

Tyler Littlefield tyler at tysdomain.com
Fri May 22 07:52:32 EDT 2009

Hello,
I was wondering if it's possible to retreave the pts device belonging to a pid.
I'm not sure how I'm going to set this up, but I have a UML kernel that I'm using, or going to be using, rather as testing.
I want to be able to start it, and grab the pts that's associated with it somehow, as my console goes to pts.
It doesn't show in the output until I get a dmesg from the kernel, but I believe that's only with debugging; is there another way to do this? I want to just save it to a log like /var/log/uml/uml-testing1.pts or something.

Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
Web: tysdomain.com
email: tyler at tysdomain.com
My programs don't have bugs, they're called randomly added features.