openvpn configuration

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Fri May 15 00:34:39 EDT 2009

ip is handed out by openvpn from your server.
If you want the same ip every time then set that up on openvpn to do that,
see the static key mini howto on the subject.

You should not need to use ifconfig on the client side to set ips on tunnel
let openvpn pull the necessary options from the server.
I use a routed vpn all the time and allways get the same ip from my server
vpn ip that is.
Regards, Kerry.