software speech

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Aug 22 12:59:58 EDT 2008

For what it's worth, freedos & jaws for dos work really well as a dumb
terminal for running cursor apps. I don't know of any Windows terminal
emulators that work well enough with jaws to allow you to run cursor apps.
They may exist but I've never seen them.
PS: If you have an external doubletalk and you want to get started with
freedos, here is a link to a diskette image that boots freedos with jaws for
DOS and starts speaking via a doubletalk LT (ltlk). Then you can run the
freedos installer from the fredos CD with speech.

https://www.math.wisc.edu/~jheim/blindi/FreeDOS-ltlk.img