compiling linux kernel

Tyler Littlefield tyler at tysdomain.com
Thu Aug 21 14:19:07 EDT 2008

hello,
menuconfig seems to be going rather well, I'm able to navigate with grml, *cheers*
I've got a question though, I'm not totally sure what all I do and don't need in my kernel. Is there somewhere that would show a minimal kernel with other options?
I don't want to use my kernel that came with deb because it's huge, and I think I might get some better performance if there wasn't so much there, in terms of everything being modules, etc.

Thanks,
~~TheCreator~~
Visit TDS for quality software and website production
http://tysdomain.com
visit the piratecafe for programming related resources:
http://piratecafe.net
msn: tyler at tysdomain.com
skype: st8amnd127