mini-beep.iso question

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Aug 21 05:38:57 EDT 2008

Jude DaShiell, le Thu 21 Aug 2008 00:39:26 -0400, a écrit :
> Perhaps adjust stuff so even if the left shift key is held down the
> beep still happens

That's not possible: pressing the left shift key bypasses the syslinux
configuration.

> and maybe change the frequency of the boot up beep so it can't be
> confused with normal speaker beeps.

That's not simple: for now syslinux just emits ^G, which the bios
interprets as "do a beep".  Another frequency would require driving the
speaker ourself from syslinux.  How could it be confused with the normal
speaker beeps anyway?  Some machines do beep already at boot, but then
you'll just get a second one, I don't see how that can be confusing.

Samuel