software speech

Tyler Littlefield tyler at tysdomain.com
Mon Aug 18 15:36:48 EDT 2008

Hello,
I'd love to get software speech going on this system at some point.
I just heard about the speakup modules; I'm running kernel Linux version 2.6.18-6-686 (Debian 2.6.18.dfsg.1-18etch6)
are there modules for this kernel?
Also, I seem to still be having issues getting speech dispatcher to talk with the selected synth... It just hangs or exits when I use spd-say. Help would be awesome! I'd like to get software speech going so I can use linux from the pc rather than through ssh, and possibly recompile a new kernel set up for this system.

Thanks,
~~TheCreator~~
Visit TDS for quality software and website production
http://tysdomain.com
visit the piratecafe for programming related resources:
http://piratecafe.net
msn: tyler at tysdomain.com
skype: st8amnd127