problem auto-starting speakup/sd/speechd-up combination Ubuntu7.10

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Aug 15 10:22:25 EDT 2008

I'm still working on building the speechd-up debian package but here is a
link to the init.d script:
http://www.math.wisc.edu/~jheim/debian/speechd-up.sh

It assumes the software speech driver is compiled as a module.  But I think
that if the driver is compiled into the kernel, you get an error message but
no harm is done. I haven't tested that though.