Ot: using kernel-based virtual machine to run Windows XP

Garrett Klein garrettklein at comcast.net
Thu Aug 14 09:27:11 EDT 2008

Janina,

you alt-tab between the qemu window and the Linux session. Once in the
qemu window (which orca says in inaccessible), you press the left
control and the left alt key together to switch the keyboard to using
the virtual machine. Also, you don't want to use the emulated ensoniq
sound card, you want to emulate an sb16. The ensoniq card is just
emulated, the sound is routed through the machine's real sound card.

Garrett

Janina Sajka wrote:
> Thanks for the steps. Not so sure I'll be installing Windows (even
> though I own a key), but I expect the steps are pretty similar.
>
> So, how do you actually use the vm? You have Linux running native, and
> XP in a vm. Both are up, correct? How do you switch between them? Are
> both Linux and XP using the same Ensoniq sound card?
>
> Janina

Garrett Klein
Visit me and my girlfriend's blog at http://garrettk17.dyndns.org