problem auto-starting speakup/sd/speechd-up combination Ubuntu 7.10

Terry D. Cudney terry.cudney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 23:32:44 EDT 2008

Hi Willem,

	I have speakup/speechd-up/speech-dispatcher/espeak starting to talk just before the gdm prompts for a username (beeps). I switch to a console and speechcontinues...

	Try grabbing the /etc/init.d/speechd-up script from John Heim's site on math.wisc.edu. It needs some modification to work with the /sys/module... hierarchy, but it has 'nice' incorporated into it and makes things easier to start/stop/restart. I don't have the exact url at ahnd, but you should be able to find it. I posted on this list about it, so it should be in the archives too. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll dig it up.

	HTH,

	--terry