espeakup v0.1 released

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon Aug 4 14:23:26 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 10:00 +0200, Willem van der Walt wrote:
> Hi,
> What would be the advantage of using espeakup in place  of the espeak,
> speech-dispatcher, speechd-up and speakup configuration?
Not fully sure, other than it may simplify the chain to create speech
output. I am not sure if it uses OSS or alsa for output, or if output
driver is configurable.
> Does espeakup support change of speech language in any way?
I would have expected it as it is specific for espeak, but when I had a
look at the value of /sys/modules/speakup/parameters/lang it comes up
with an error, whereas when I do it for my apollo it gives me the value
1.