Debian Questions

Garrett Klein garrettklein at comcast.net
Mon Aug 4 01:42:07 EDT 2008

First of all, firefox isn't stored in svn. And even if it was, firefox
3.0.1 is out so there's no need to use it, I think aptitude install
iceweasel should do the trick.

As for conflicts between debian packages and software built from source,
I usually just install, say, svn orca into /usr over the OS-installed
package. However, you could also install into /usr/local, but then I
never got gnome to call my svn orca over the default installed one when
it was installed there.

Hth somewhat.

Garrett

--