Obtaining Debian

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Fri Aug 1 14:03:35 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 01:45:08PM -0400, Robert Spangler wrote:
> So you load the CD, hear the beep, tab and do speakup.synth=ltlk and hit
> enter?  I get nothing.  Do I need to wait a while?  I do hear the beep.

Yes, exactly. After hearing the beep, pressing tab, typing that
parameter and pressing enter, it took only about 15 or 20 seconds to
begin chattering away. The first question it asks is to select a
language, but at that point I did a hard reset instead of letting it
proceed.

Chuck

--
The Moon is New

My web site: http://hallenbeck.ftml.net and my cell phone: 1-518-334-9022.
                                --------
It is impossible for an optimist to be pleasantly surprised.