Obtaining Debian

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Fri Aug 1 07:51:54 EDT 2008

Hi Samuel,
On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 11:16:35AM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> There is no timeout.
>
> Having the debian installation CD beep at the prompt is currently in
> discussion on debian-boot, there is a test image on
>
> http://brl.thefreecat.org/mini-beep.iso
>
> Note:
> I probably forgot to mention: these images were built with the debian
> speakup modules version 3.0.2+git20080517.dfsg.1-2, iirc there was a
> crash issue in that version with some devices and ltlk.
>
> Samuel

I have the same results as Robert, and also with the mini-beep image.
The beep is extremely helpful to have, since it eliminates uncertainty
about when to proceed with key presses.

But neither image runs successfully with ltlk synth, unfortunately it
is the only one available here for testing.

Chuck

--
The Moon is New

My web site: http://hallenbeck.ftml.net and my cell phone: 1-518-334-9022.
                                --------
It is impossible for an optimist to be pleasantly surprised.