Kernel Upgrade Syndrome

Zachary Kline z_kline at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 19:18:27 EDT 2007

Hi,
Perhaps this has something to do with the fact I use Gentoo, but I find myself with an urge to upgrade the kernel at every new release that comes in, even the sub-releases, 2.6.20.3, etc.
I know this  is probably silly, but I still feel an urge to do it anyway.  However, with Speakup as it is, I was wondering what the general opinion is about when to upgrade?  Is it worth doing it on a set schedule?
I suppose I have a feeling that Linux development will fly away and leave me behind, as it were, and I'm somewhat unsure how to deal with this concept.
Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.
Yours,
Zack.